Create Your Audio Book
Create Your Audio Book
Audio books are thriving! Audio book sales have increased by 50% in the past year, and audio books are by far the fastest growing form of books today.
- Professional producer to guide and direct project
- Convenient studio times
- Professionally formatted for easy publishing
- Choice of music accents for the opening, closing and each chapter.
- Choice of straight narration and supportive sound effects
- Choice of self-narration or professional narration
Star Worldwide Networks offers beautiful studios, state of the art audio quality and professional direction for beginners or pros.
YOUR REQUIREMENTS WILL BE PROFESSIONALLY COMPLETED FOR THE NEXT STEP - DISTRIBUTION
Each uploaded file must be free of extraneous sounds such as plosives, mic pops, mouse clicks, excessive mouth noise, and outtakes.
Your submission must be consistent in overall sound and formatting.
Must include opening and closing credits that match the title's cover art.
At minimum, the opening credits must note the name of the audiobook, the name of the author(s), and the name of the narrator(s). Closing credits must, at minimum, state "the end".
Opening Credits Minimum Requirements
"[title of audiobook]”
"(subtitle if applicable)"
written by [name of
Narrated by [name of narrator]
Closing Credits Minimum Requirements
Your audiobook must include a retail audio sample that is between one and five minutes long. Explicit material is not permitted in the sample.
Each file must contain only one chapter or section.
Each file must have 0.5 to 1 second of room tone at its beginning and 1 to 5 seconds of room tone at its end.
Each file must contain the section header, if contained within the manuscript (e.g., "Prologue", "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2”).
Each file must measure between -23dB and -18dB RMS.
Each file must have peak values no higher than -3dB.
Each file must have a noise floor no higher than -60dB RMS.
Each file must be 192kbps or higher 44.1kHz MP3, Constant Bit Rate (CBR).
All files must be the same channel format (All mono or all stereo files).
Each file must be no longer than 120 minutes.
Files over 120 minutes are not supported. If a section will be over 120 minutes long, find a good break in the narration and split the section into two files. A secondary section header must be included on continuations. If the section began with a header, such as "Chapter 2", we recommend starting the second file with "Chapter 2 continued". This will help ensure listeners can easily navigate from section to section.
Each uploaded file must be no larger than 170MB.
NOTE: If the author chooses a usual amount of sound effects and production elements, the hours will obviously increase the prices accordingly.
If the author chooses to read their own book (which is highly recommended), and if the author’s pace is not the same as a professional narrator, the hours could obviously increase incrementally. However, even if the author is an average reader the pricing should not vary dramatically.
TOTAL: $5,000 average, paid up front and then adjusted if needed. NOTE: If the book is longer or shorter, we will simply adjust the price accordingly.
- An average book narrated by a pro is 10 hours plus roughly 5 hours to produce, edit and complete each hour, so consider an average book to be 50 hours of time at just below the industry standard $125 per hour. Our fee is only $100 per hour.
- It takes about 2 hours to narrate what will become one finished hour. After the narration is recorded, it takes an editor about 4 hours to edit each finished hour of recording plus add music where needed, to add chapter accents and to audibly decorate the presentation to be entertaining and pleasing to the ear. And finally, a quality control listen is made through the entire book to insure perfection.
We fully produce and professionally complete the book to the point of presentation to the publisher or to the distributor. The average audio book is approximately 100,000 words.